Saturday, December 16, 2006
scheme?
Is this some kind of scheme?
This guy, who is my friend (but I dont know him; introduced by fei) told me that next Saturday theres some carnival at Expo. At first it was okay... but... it's starting to feel a little fishy...
First, he told me that his 'boss' is willing to give free tickets to the people he invited. The things that he said are incoherent and
suspicious, and I dont know if he's only joking or what. But...
1) He told me his 'boss' same age as him. Turns out that the 'boss' is 20+ (my 'friend' is 1 year younger than us). Then i asked him why he said he's same age as his boss. His reply was 'to confuse people? haha' (WTF!!)
2) Told me he's working in some company but was unable to tell me more details (like working hours, pay, location etc). Turns out that this activity was organised by a church.
3) At first he ask me around how many people can go. Told him 10+. Then he said a lot. Then he told his boss 20+.
4) He said to comfirm the number of people going by Wednesday. Then suddenly changed to tonight.
5) Asked him why he need the names and number of people I'm calling. He said his boss dun wan buy extra tickets for us (Cuz he said his boss buying tickets for the people he invited). But isnt this carnival ORGANISED by that 'boss' ? He can keep or sell the tickets anytime anywhere he like, right?
6) Told him 'expo is too far' as one of my reasons that we're not going. Then he told me transport is available from Woodsland. Then I also told him Woodsland far from me also.
Then he asked me where I live. Felt uneasy. Told him I lived at Marina instead.
7) Then he offered to bring us with his boss from Marina to expo. =/ Why go to that far an extent to invite people?
8) In the end i still told him that me and my friends aren't going. Then he told me that he arent going too cuz dun have any part friends (i dun get this part either) going. (WTF!!)
Bleh. The more i think about it, the more fishy it feels. Its like he's trying to dig out my personal information (He did asked for my handphone number and where I lived). But no worries. Of course I didn't tell him (even if i did, it wouldnt be true LOL =x) Somehow he remembered my real name =/ Guess i must have told him that... like 2 years ago?
11:55 PM